Some of the UAST objectives include:
- Creating a stimulating environment for multilateral activities towards the development of applied knowledge and research.
- Preparing the infrastructure for the transition to and implementation of cutting edge technologies.
- Upgrading the role of vocational education and training in creating professional knowledge and technology.
- Expanding international collaborations and becoming the pioneer of vocational training in the region and in the Islamic world.
- Conducting joint programs, research projects, workshops, and conferences with prestigious foreign vocational universities and institutes of higher education.
- Promoting international and intercultural exchange for students and faculty.